Friday 7 November 2014

Travel the World in Books - Diverse Reading Goals

Continuing on from my Reading Diversely Tag post yesterday, I thought I would just take the chance to make my reading goals more official (in a super-informal, very laid-back, not-at-all-pressurey kind of way!), and link up with the Travel the World in Books reading challenge hosted by Mom's Small Victories, I'm Lost in Books and Savvy Working Gal.


Basically, my (very relaxed) goals are as follows:

Time-limit:

My life

Number of countries:

As many as I possibly can

Number of books:

Ditto.


There, that was easy! OK, so I might need something a little more immediate than that for the time-being... Let's just say my short-term goal will be to read one 'diverse' book a month (i.e. one from a country outside of my normal areas of choice) for the rest of the academic year (i.e. until next June). That gives me nine months (including this one) to read nine diverse books. Not too pressurey, right?

Are you taking part in the Travel the World in Books reading challenge? If so (or even if not!) what are your reading goals? What country would you most like to visit in a book?

Let me know in the comments! :)

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I think that was the easiest, most laid back post we've had so far but so glad you are joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I'm trying my best to keep this really laid back and fun, and not letting it turn into another obligation! I love how relaxed your hosting is :) it just gives so much room to make the challenge really personal! Great work :)

      Delete
  2. Time limit: my life. I love it! We're like peas in a pod hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did something similar, in 52 countries, and that was the most fascinating reading experience. here is my list, if you need some ideas. either the book is set in that country, or written by an author of that country: http://wordsandpeace.com/2012/01/04/around-the-world-in-52-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds really interesting! I'll head over to check out your post now :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...