Saturday 7 February 2015

I Mustache You Some Questions...


Susie from Girl with her Head in a Book nominated me to do this post, and since my reading-for-pleasure is going rather slowly at the moment (while I simultaneously attempt to do all my not-for-fun seminar reading *cries*), it's a nice way to keep this blog alive while I try and get round to more book reviews. Anyway, negativity aside, let's get cracking!


Four Names People Call Me Other Than My Real Name

1) Rach - I used to not be a fan of this shortened version, but it's grown on me of late. Besides, people use it all the time, so now I just go with the flow!
2) Squach - my flatmate calls me this for some reason.. (It rhymes with Rach, not patch!)
3) Pachy Woo - by my crazy sister (she's crazy :P)
4) Farmer - because why not? I also live with another Rachel who does the same course as me, so I get called this sometimes when people want to distinguish between us.


Four Jobs I've Had

1) Au Pair - never again!
2) Barista - Costa Coffee will always have a special place in my heart :')
3) English teacher in Germany
4) Translator


Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once


1) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - also, all the other ones.. But I literally know every single line of the first one by heart
2) The Railway Children - So much love for this film
3) Chicken Run - a couple of years ago, my then-housemates and I would quote this film non-stop (and watch it all the time as well!)
4) Oh Mr Porter! - possibly my favourite film of all time. If you haven't heard of it, google it now!


Four Books I Would Recommend

Incredibly difficult choice here.... but:
1) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2) Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
3) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams 
(And, of course, Harry Potter, but that goes without saying!)


Four Places I Have Lived



1) Winchester - big up Winch-side yo! (sorry)
2) Bristol
3) Lemgo, Germany 
4) Biarritz, France


Four Places I Have Been

1) Paris - I kind of count this as a place I've lived, but I'd love to go back so much <3
2) The Isle of Skye - I love the Highlands so much and I'm desperate to go back!
3) Venice - <3
4) Muenster, Germany - I'd love to go back here as well!


Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now


1) Alabama/Indiana - with my dear American friends <3
2) Paris - see above
3) Germany (anywhere) - just get me where them Germans are!
4) Hogwarts - I can dream...


Four Things I Don't Eat

1) Tomatoes - just no...
2) Most berries - strawberries are fine. Berry-ish berries like blueberries? Not so much.
3) Weird seafood - I did try mussels in France though, so this could change in future...
4) Marmite


Four Of My Favourite Foods


1) Strawberry chocolate - especially those strawberry and cream Lindors... *drools*
2) Chips - or French fries, if you will. Cliché answer but it's the truth <3
3) Courgettes - used to hate them, now can't get enough of them!
4) Pineapple


Four TV Shows That I Watch


1) Gilmore Girls - the perfect show for book lovers <3
2) Merlin - such anachronism, but I love it!
3) Star Trek: The Next Generation - two words: Patrick Stewart
4) The Simpsons/Friends - OK, so I don't actually really watch these shows any more, but my head is so full of quotes from them that I might as well be watching them on repeat in my head!


Four Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year (2015)

1) Graduation! - well, looking forward to and dreading in equal measure
2) Going back to France on camp this summer (I hope!)
3) Possibly going back to Norfolk/Wales/the Highlands
4) ...? I don't know... Maybe I need more plans!


Four Things I'm Always Saying

1) "Good times" - my German friend pointed out how much I say this and now I notice every time... But I can't stop!
2) "Have you read...?" - OK, so I kind of nicked this from Susie, but it's definitely true!
3) "Oh no! I forgot to do *insert piece of work with imminent deadline here*" - seriously, I do this so often it's a little depressing.
4) "Good one, Goyle!" - watch the second Harry Potter film for this gem! I am now incapable of saying "good one" to anyone without putting "Goyle" after it.


Yay! I nominate:

And YOU (if you want :P)!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Gilmore Girls! Love! And yeah with you on blueberries. I'm good with strawberries. And I can deal with the flavors of the other berries (like an italian ice or sherbet or something) but not the actual fruit whole. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Gilmore Girls so much <3 I think it's a bit of a favourite in the bookish community ;) And I totally agree with the berry thing! The flavour is fine, but the rest.. Bleugh! Thanks for stopping by, Anna :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...