Tuesday 1 December 2015

#AMonthofFaves {My Reading Year}

So this was supposed to get posted yesterday...?? Woops! Blogger, you fail!

Huzzah! It's here! December has arrived and I no longer have to fear judgement for blasting out Christmas music and wanting to eat mince pies every other minute.

December is also a fun time because of the #AMonthofFaves blogging event hosted by Girlxoxo, Traveling with T and Estella's Revenge, which basically involves writing a themed post for each day in December.

 

Today's post is all about bookish stats from this year, from best reading month to most-read genre and everything in between.

Total books read:

25 new books and 10 re-reads, including the entire Harry Potter series. Not spectacular by book-blogger standards (or compared with my previous years), but I'm pretty proud considering I was also doing finals for my degree.


Most read author:

J.K. Rowling - I re-read the whole Harry Potter series so that's 7 books. I think I only read one each by everyone else.. Though actually I did read two by Neil Gaiman so I guess he's second on the list.

E-books vs. physical books:

Of the 35 books I read in total so far this year only 3 have been e-books, so physical books win here by a large margin. Quite a contrast with last year where I spent a large portion of it abroad with only my kindle for company.

Most read genre:

I read a lot of classics this year, as well as a lot of books that I guess you would class as 'literary fiction'. But I did read a few fantasy books too (Harry Potter, Neil Gaiman books, GoT, Dracula...), and I'd love to read more soon.

Best/worst reading month:

I think July would probably have to be my best reading month as I read so many books on holiday, but I can't actually remember how many that was... Probably about 6 or 7.

As for my worst month, there were a couple of months where I read basically nothing at all, though I can't remember which those were. Almost certainly May and I think February as well. Sad times. But hooray for no more exams or essays!

Best book of the year:

Well that would be telling ;)

I'm not even sure I've decided yet! I think at the moment it's a tie between two that I really enjoyed. One because it felt so real and was so well researched and the other because it had such a unique voice. That's all you're getting for now!


How was your reading year?

Feel free to link to your #AMonthofFaves post in the comments! I'd love to read it :)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't read a ton this year, but I loved most of the books that I read - and thats what counts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too :) I had an amazing streak of books in the summer that I flew through and loved, and that's pretty much made up for the whole rest of the year :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...